Insurance for When the Flood Waters Rise
Most homeowners need flood insurance, and this is especially true for homeowners in and around Jacksonville, Florida. Damage and loss due to flood or water damage is not typically included in homeowners insurance, so First Beaches Insurance recommends that area residents get flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Through this program, residents of participating communities can obtain protection against losses due to floods from hurricanes, tropical storms, heavy rains and other events.
Facts About Flood Insurance
First Beaches Insurance helps residents of Jacksonville and the surrounding area obtain flood insurance coverage. This insurance product is available for buildings such as houses and office buildings as well as for possessions. If you own a home in Jacksonville, you probably need both types of coverage.
Building Flood Insurance
This insurance protects the building and certain systems and appliances. Standard coverage includes
- The building itself and its foundation
- Plumbing and electrical systems for the building
- HVAC equipment and water heaters
- Major appliances such as refrigerators, cooking stoves and built-in dishwashers
- Permanently installed carpeting or laminates over unfinished flooring
Possessions Flood Insurance
This insurance protects the contents of your home. Condo owners purchase this type of policy instead of building coverage while those who own houses should purchase both types of coverage. Possessions or contents flood coverage insures
- Clothing and furniture
- Curtains and most other window treatments
- Portable air conditioners and window units
- Microwaves and dishwashers that are not built in
- Floor coverings and carpeting not already covered by property coverage
- Washers and dryers
Flooding caused by heavy rains, tropical storms and hurricanes can wreak havoc in Florida. Don’t live with the chance of losing everything without the protection of flood insurance. Get your free online quote today. To learn more, call our office during business hours and speak with an experienced insurance professional.